Cadet O-Flight Check List
CADET CHECK LIST FOR O FLIGHTS
At least one week prior, update your weight in E-Services by clicking on your name top corner then select characteristics. This info is imperative for the pilot to plan weight and balance for the flight. Make sure you have completed OPSEC and ground handling courses.
If you think you can handle light turbulence, let the O-Flight coordinator know that fact when you sign up. If winds are higher than light but within safety limits, if you let us know you can handle them, you are flying and we avoid a blanket cancellation.
Closely monitor pawg email starting 48 hours prior to the flight for the crew list and report time which is contingent on weather, plane type and availability and the pilot's schedule plus notice of any cancellation.
Check for emails the day of the flight before you leave your house.
Items below are for the day of the flight.
1. ABU/BDU Uniform—Plan on no hats on the flight line. Sneakers permitted. Sunglasses are recommended.
2. Dressed Appropriately for the Weather. Suggest stay away from nylon underwear for cold weather gear if possible--it is flammable. Cotton or wool is not.
3. Bio Satisfied (Rest, Water, Food & Bathroom). Avoid any breakfast food that could cause internal turbulence. Bring light snack and water.
4. Phone or camera for pictures
5. Syllabus studied. See especially green airplane tabs at end of publication
6. 1 gallon Ziploc bag in case of air sickness.
YOU CANNOT FLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE ITEMS BELOW ON YOUR PERSON IN YOUR LOWER LEFT SHIRT OR LEFT PANT CARGO POCKET.
- CAP ID
- AIRCRAFT GROUND HANDLING COMPLETION CERTIFICATE - IF RECENTLY COMPLETED. (Follow instructions here to login in and take course)
- CAPF 160
- CAPF 161
Upon meeting with the pilot for the day, please ask questions!! Ask how you can help, keep your eyes open for hazards, speak up if you think you see something. The more you participate in this experience they more you'll get out of it! Happy Flying!